Author Topic: musketeer and warlock  (Read 357 times)

Offline lockherin

• Beginner
musketeer and warlock
« on: April 24, 2017, 12:50:28 am »
Currently I am using vet fighter, sage emilia and musketeer. i have not use warlock yet.

I heard people saying that its better to leave the musketeer behind and replace him with warlock.

They say expert warlock is better than expert musketeer.

Hence i have a few questions:

1) if i were to put expert warlock and expert musketeer (both using same gears, eg cresmento gears) to overnight afk, which one will kill the monsters faster?

2) for active playing like doing quests and do BH missions and raids, which one can kill monsters faster? expert musk or expert warlock?

Offline Castia

Re: musketeer and warlock
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 07:48:46 am »
Well, thats exactly why I hate ppl who just generalize everything. Because its not that easy.
In general, yes, a warlock DOES more damage than a musketeer. BUT. A warlock needs to skill to do its devastating damage, otherwise the damage output is lower than on the musketeer. If you just do spacebar and be fine with it, a musketeer will still do more damage.

To answer your questions:
1) Musketeer. Because a musk doesnt need to use expert stance to kill fast, Outrage Shot (veteran) will just be fine. Even more so, because it does not need bullets. If you use Flintlock or Unlimited Shot - or Elemental Master/Occult Magic/Occult Assistance - you will need ammo. Unless you waste your money for 1day-unlimited ammo boxes (makes only sense if you use them in Sacred Chaos Requiem to "vesp", but then i wouldnt use a warlock OR a musk...) you will get better and cheaper results with just a musketeer in Outrage Shot.

2) This is the tricky question. If you just spacebar the enemy down (no Ancient Star Orbs consumed!) or need to hit ONE target at a time, a musketeer will do a better job than a warlock. Because this class focuses more on hitting one target at a time, and therefor, hits hard. But if you need to kill multiple targets, a warlock will be a MUCH better choice. Also keep in mind that over time, a warlock will probably consume more ASO because it doesnt just need to skill, once you unlock Occult Assistance for the badass buffs, you will eat even more ASO. Yet... there might be better options. See below.

In the end, I would say, level up mainly the warlock, because a musketeer might be outdated at some point. A warlock, you can keep pretty long, while a musketeer might just be replaced with a Lionel with Punisher, Banshee Natalie, Daisy, Veil, Calyce, or even simple Bernelli for her buffs.
A musk, you can keep for afk farming, but at quests and raids, you might want to use other characters pretty soon.