Author Topic: Error with Characters texture  (Read 120 times)

Offline nicot

• Beginner
Error with Characters texture
« on: June 06, 2017, 11:04:12 am »
Hi, im played GE for years ago, and now i decided to play again, so, i dowloaded the game and installed.

In first place, i tried to install it from the torrents, but, when y executed the launcher, it have so many troubles with updating, so, i dowload again from parts in the website.

this morning while installing, i founded an error, it said it can't install char textures .ipf file, and that open windows show me 3 different buttons: one, Omit, another, retry and the last, cancel. I tried by clicking retry over and over and over, but, the trouble was the same. the same windows shos, if i click omit, it wont install that texture and is no recommended.

after that, i skip the whole installation. I updated properly and, entered in the game. All characters have their skin red with the error sign, this is included all npc avilable (i don't tried to see if monsters have the same issue). But, if now i tried to go with some characters to some fields or cities, it just disconnect me instantly.

can someone help me? (or then, send me the character texture .ipf file so i can put it on my GE folder?

Offline Calintz-Jerevinan

• High Master
  • 눈사태의 유령
Re: Error with Characters texture
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 08:21:31 pm »
Hi, im played GE for years ago, and now i decided to play again, so, i dowloaded the game and installed.

In first place, i tried to install it from the torrents, but, when y executed the launcher, it have so many troubles with updating, so, i dowload again from parts in the website.

this morning while installing, i founded an error, it said it can't install char textures .ipf file, and that open windows show me 3 different buttons: one, Omit, another, retry and the last, cancel. I tried by clicking retry over and over and over, but, the trouble was the same. the same windows shos, if i click omit, it wont install that texture and is no recommended.

after that, i skip the whole installation. I updated properly and, entered in the game. All characters have their skin red with the error sign, this is included all npc avilable (i don't tried to see if monsters have the same issue). But, if now i tried to go with some characters to some fields or cities, it just disconnect me instantly.

can someone help me? (or then, send me the character texture .ipf file so i can put it on my GE folder?

T3FUN doesn't offer tech support on the forums.  You're only option is to re-download the game from the website.  The Bittorrent download links are outdated.  Never use the Bittorrent downloads. 
::Tears0fBlood:: ::Family LVL 76:: ::Esmero:: ::K2~G1~T3FUN 2007~2017:: ::Veritas::
"No Taxation Without Representation" "For imposing taxes on us without consent:"
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

"This server is toxic"
"So you guys like the 20% Colony Tax?  Well enjoy the 185% Sales Tax on Market Manager deal with it.

Offline Calintz-Jerevinan

• High Master
  • 눈사태의 유령
Re: Error with Characters texture
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 08:24:06 pm »

You might want to ask Ashardalon from http://starstorm-ge.blogspot.com/ if he might have the missing files as well.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:25:55 pm by Calintz-Jerevinan »
::Tears0fBlood:: ::Family LVL 76:: ::Esmero:: ::K2~G1~T3FUN 2007~2017:: ::Veritas::
"No Taxation Without Representation" "For imposing taxes on us without consent:"
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

"This server is toxic"
"So you guys like the 20% Colony Tax?  Well enjoy the 185% Sales Tax on Market Manager deal with it.