Author Topic: So why Monty?  (Read 354 times)

Offline Blancfaust

• Arrived in Startonia
So why Monty?
« on: January 10, 2018, 02:31:04 am »
I bet most of us probably wondering the same thing as well. Why anonymous voted for Monty when you can get em for free through raid? As far as I'm concerned, Ice Cold Monty ain't no different than normal kid Monty. Monty voters, mind sharing your thoughts?  ;D

Offline CLOCKWORKZEN

• New Pioneer
Re: So why Monty?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 03:03:37 am »
I didn't vote fore him but most people i know who did, did it because you cant acquire him any other way and they're playing Pokemon.

Offline RaltzWaltz

• New Pioneer
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:23:43 am »
Yea... I want to know who voted for Snowflake Montoro when they'll probably release the recruitment quest for it eventually unless the Global version isn't planning on doing that. I picked Becky and Vanessa because I thought that we would eventually get Levine's recruitment quest in later patches.

Offline WonderLand

• Reboldoeux Pioneer
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 03:47:28 am »
Yea most ppl pointed that tid bit out as well, that and the fact that even if he is different from monty (Which he legit is not) - they're both out dated.
On top of the fact that the scavenger Diego event gave everyone a aclla who is not even comparable to monty in how good she is vs how bad he is.
That and well look at how many "people" voted for him- even when divided by 2( Caus of the 2 votes thing) it still adds up to a bunch of alt accounts prolly voting for him- so one person 7 accounts lolololol

Offline Novusod

• Reboldoeux Pioneer
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 04:46:04 am »
Monty raid is pretty hard for normal players to complete so getting him from PTE is a the comparatively easy choice. This is the same reason we got Rosa last time. The Rosa quest is a pain in the butt so few people will bother doing it.

What I want to know is who voted for Vanessa. She is totally useless. Was really hoping for Cannon Claire but she wasn't even an option.

Offline WonderLand

• Reboldoeux Pioneer
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 04:48:49 am »
With peoples questions here and in game would it be possible to find out what people voted for snow monty? out of curiosity would love to see if they're actual players or alts made for purpose of voting. Pretty sure not alone in my line of thinking wanting to know, after all not like they'res anything to hide from.

Or for purposes of being fair might as well release or unhide peoples names and for what they voted for all characters in the poll.
Anonymous voting is just asking for abuse.

Offline sayurijen

• New Pioneer
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 05:49:10 am »
As in any game most active people on forum are usually newbies. There are quite a lot of newbies on this server just 40 minutes ago someone begged my BF for valeron mats "cause he is new and needs vis". Newbies don't make best decision makers they see a lot of people afking with montoro and think he is OP which he is not even in farming department. As for vanessa? Most of the chars on the list are useless and she is prolly one of the rarest on the list.

Offline CodenameL

• Arrived in Startonia
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 09:17:08 am »
Monty raid is pretty hard for normal players to complete so getting him from PTE is a the comparatively easy choice. This is the same reason we got Rosa last time. The Rosa quest is a pain in the butt so few people will bother doing it.

What I want to know is who voted for Vanessa. She is totally useless. Was really hoping for Cannon Claire but she wasn't even an option.

I’m doing montoro weekly and even broading to invite people for free to join the raid to help me as I need 12 player to start. I just take the drop while they afk for a free card and achievement.

Tho, Vanessa might be useless but she is rare same goes for Becky. Shooter claire was already in previous PTE and she is more useless than Vanessa.
I’m 90% sure the few people that wanted snow montoro abused with alt the vote. Literally impossible otherwise.

Offline AllAround

• Arrived in Startonia
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 09:40:01 am »
Cry moar

Offline Visenya

• Arrived in Startonia
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 09:56:12 am »
Yasss..!!! I am all for this mindset of "if you're a nobody, you're automatically an alt"
+11111111111111111111111111111

Offline darky1818

• Arrived in Startonia
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 09:59:35 am »
I was almost sure that Vanessa and Becky will win.....since these are "newer" and more rare ...you won't see them often in mm either or if there is a card, It's OP.... it seems like someone with tons of alts needed him :X

Offline WonderLand

• Reboldoeux Pioneer
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 10:08:17 am »
Yasss..!!! I am all for this mindset of "if you're a nobody, you're automatically an alt"
+11111111111111111111111111111

Fact of the matter is they've had to ban alts for the past 2 events, and they've even gone as far as having a GM log in at the start of the last event and broad about how people should not use alts to abuse the events because they will be punished. <--proof clear as day if it wasn't a issue the GM's wouldn't have 1- banned alts who abused the events or 2- even had to go in game and mention the fact to begin with.

Its nothing new that ppl use alts for buffing, boss monitoring, or abusing events, its just been getting worst as of late because of all the login events they had made it easier to do so. Most people wont argue with the facts unless they themselves use alts, other wise why would any sane person argue against a blatant loop hole. Euro at least bans the practice for LW.

As for "if your a nobody, your automatically an alt" wee harsh on the new players aren't we :/
Spouting things like that is why most new players wont stay for the long haul.

Offline Visenya

• Arrived in Startonia
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 06:58:11 pm »
You missed the sarcasm express train. Please board on the next station. Thank you.

Offline HashiramaH

• New Pioneer
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 12:55:11 am »
I was not able to vote, just created a new forum profile ^^ I guess I'm back :D :P

Offline HashiramaH

• New Pioneer
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 02:03:35 am »
Family Name: Scarf :)