Author Topic: Anyone gonna play Black Desert/ Blade and Soul?  (Read 5411 times)

Offline durkee45

• Beginner
Anyone gonna play Black Desert/ Blade and Soul?
« on: December 07, 2015, 12:02:36 am »
They look like fun games anyone planning on playing them?

Offline Fiscario

• Veteran
  • Nothing will come of taking on an impossible task.
Re: Anyone gonna play Black Desert/ Blade and Soul?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 03:06:51 am »
I was planning on playing BnS but might change my mind despite getting in CB1. BnS is really good, but I only have time for 1 MMO these days and I'm using it on FFXIV with my sister. My friend plans on playing Black Desert even though I told him it was B2P (hes a cheap guy). But if your planning on playing those games keep in touch with me and I would probably join you.

Offline Apocalypticae

• Beginner
  • Tired of ignorant people...
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 12:32:42 am »
I'll be playing Black Desert with my bf. Been waiting for the game since I first saw it on MMORPG's list years ago (2013 or so). I bought the $50 pack, bf bought the $100 pack, we're just waiting for CBT2 announcement~ Hopefully it'll be in 2-3 weeks time. They're traveling to Seoul this week to discuss player feedback from the survey. Daum, unlike T3 here, has great CMs and communication so I have high hopes :)
~*S2/GE Family: Apocalypticae

Offline Calintz-Jerevinan

• High Master
  • 눈사태의 유령
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 09:51:37 pm »
To be honest I'm waiting for this to come out for PC - 창세기전 IV (Changsegijeon IV) / The War of Genesis IV - Windows (TBA)

Take GE make it in the future and add some 4k and boom you got a F2P MMORTS

::Tears0fBlood:: ::Family LVL 76:: ::Esmero:: ::K2~G1~T3FUN 2007~2017:: ::Veritas::
"No Taxation Without Representation" "For imposing taxes on us without consent:"
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

"This server is toxic"
"So you guys like the 20% Colony Tax?  Well enjoy the 185% Sales Tax on Market Manager deal with it.

Offline JayJay

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 12:49:27 am »
To be honest I'm waiting for this to come out for PC - 창세기전 IV (Changsegijeon IV) / The War of Genesis IV - Windows (TBA)

Take GE make it in the future and add some 4k and boom you got a F2P MMORTS

/care

-----

Quote from: SMFC
This game is rly expensive, yes you can afk 90%of your time, in fact you will need to afk a lot to level up cos to get good stats you need to level up like 30+ characters, cos every character gives your family +stats depending of his level.. and every character slot costs money or cash^^ ofc you would think - if im afk i can get a lot of money - sure a lot of money will drop but if you are afk you cannot pick it up - if you don't have pet, that needs food, that you can get only in cash shop :D :D

It would be nice game if at least pets would not need cash food cos you will end up spending alot of money on it, ofc you can buy that food in market where players who cash in will sell it for gold - BUT AGAIN you are not getting money afk if you don't have pet to pick it up and you will afk believe me cos there will come time when you will afk all night and get some 5% :D

All these wings you see in game – cash, they give you good stats, for example life steal, buff potions that boost your stats A LOT, don't even think about pvp if you don't have these.

Quote from: STARBAHAMUT
Cons:
- you will take a long run before running in the nice things of the end game if you don't have anyone to power level you.
- the game will burn your cash fast ! TOO FAST !
- the support is bad
- the variety of tons you have, you will aways see a lot of the same power unity and will not see many units that lack power, so basicaly in the end game you will see a variety of 7~8 combinations of chars.
- some mechanics of daily global event are a bit bad because the time you have, like to grab a buff of atack and def for 24h you have some minutes only.
- you will experience a frustration of drop rate never seen before.
- scenarious are nice, but in the end you will run into 4~5 scenarious forever and ever.
- since i know the game always had server problem and aways will have.

Quote from: Goeli
The game is very VERY pay 2 win, you can easily obtain some of the best weapons/exp cards/enchantsments from RNG boxes, they were even sellable on the auction house.

Quote from: thorley23
... This is one of the greediest games I've ever seen.

Quote from: Xx_Asian♀With♂Big♥Penis_xX
This game is [censored], everything revolves around gambling. No, seriously everything in this game is a gambling scheme. You want to enhance your equipment? Gamble, You want to enchant your equipment? Gamble, You want to socket your equipment? Gamble, You want a certain costume? Gamble, You want to gain a rumin to put in your socketed item? Gamble, You want to gain an ingredient from destroying a necklace so you can craft a more powerful necklace? gamble, and the list goes on.

The game was alright when it was first released as it wasnt as pay to win as it is today, back then "Uniques" were gained from defeating local bosses and weren't enhance-able, costumes and limited time npcs for buying the collector's edition were the only thing that were on sale, Later on the developers figured out a great way to ruin the game and milk the big spenders they had by putting everything in the cash shop and making it a gambling scheme. Now everything revolves on a roulette.

Quote from: TastyWheat
Unless they back off on some of the P2W stuff no way I'm ever getting back into this game. I loved it when I first played it 7 or so years ago. I could have at least 30 characters in my "family" right off the bat and I can only think of one quest that truly could not be finished without paying. The latest iteration I played was super-limited in its free playability.

Quote from: Shutup-Fool
The game itself is wonderful. The publisher however is a joke. I wouldn't recommend T3Fun version to anybody, they are by far the worst game publisher I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Oh and as many people have mentioned, it's heavily pay2win and the game's in-game economy and end-game content is monopolized by a bunch of cowardly clans scared of fighting each other, making it no fun at all to play.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 09:49:02 pm by JayJay »

Offline wonderland

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 02:51:38 am »
Yall ready for Blade and soul! cant wait to see how a real publisher treats its player base

THE DREAM 2016 QQ

Offline JayJay

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 11:14:04 am »
Blade and Soul more like Boobs and Cringe.

-----

Quote from: SMFC
This game is rly expensive, yes you can afk 90%of your time, in fact you will need to afk a lot to level up cos to get good stats you need to level up like 30+ characters, cos every character gives your family +stats depending of his level.. and every character slot costs money or cash^^ ofc you would think - if im afk i can get a lot of money - sure a lot of money will drop but if you are afk you cannot pick it up - if you don't have pet, that needs food, that you can get only in cash shop :D :D

It would be nice game if at least pets would not need cash food cos you will end up spending alot of money on it, ofc you can buy that food in market where players who cash in will sell it for gold - BUT AGAIN you are not getting money afk if you don't have pet to pick it up and you will afk believe me cos there will come time when you will afk all night and get some 5% :D

All these wings you see in game – cash, they give you good stats, for example life steal, buff potions that boost your stats A LOT, don't even think about pvp if you don't have these.

Quote from: STARBAHAMUT
Cons:
- you will take a long run before running in the nice things of the end game if you don't have anyone to power level you.
- the game will burn your cash fast ! TOO FAST !
- the support is bad
- the variety of tons you have, you will aways see a lot of the same power unity and will not see many units that lack power, so basicaly in the end game you will see a variety of 7~8 combinations of chars.
- some mechanics of daily global event are a bit bad because the time you have, like to grab a buff of atack and def for 24h you have some minutes only.
- you will experience a frustration of drop rate never seen before.
- scenarious are nice, but in the end you will run into 4~5 scenarious forever and ever.
- since i know the game always had server problem and aways will have.

Quote from: Goeli
The game is very VERY pay 2 win, you can easily obtain some of the best weapons/exp cards/enchantsments from RNG boxes, they were even sellable on the auction house.

Quote from: thorley23
... This is one of the greediest games I've ever seen.

Quote from: Xx_Asian♀With♂Big♥Penis_xX
This game is [censored], everything revolves around gambling. No, seriously everything in this game is a gambling scheme. You want to enhance your equipment? Gamble, You want to enchant your equipment? Gamble, You want to socket your equipment? Gamble, You want a certain costume? Gamble, You want to gain a rumin to put in your socketed item? Gamble, You want to gain an ingredient from destroying a necklace so you can craft a more powerful necklace? gamble, and the list goes on.

The game was alright when it was first released as it wasnt as pay to win as it is today, back then "Uniques" were gained from defeating local bosses and weren't enhance-able, costumes and limited time npcs for buying the collector's edition were the only thing that were on sale, Later on the developers figured out a great way to ruin the game and milk the big spenders they had by putting everything in the cash shop and making it a gambling scheme. Now everything revolves on a roulette.

Quote from: TastyWheat
Unless they back off on some of the P2W stuff no way I'm ever getting back into this game. I loved it when I first played it 7 or so years ago. I could have at least 30 characters in my "family" right off the bat and I can only think of one quest that truly could not be finished without paying. The latest iteration I played was super-limited in its free playability.

Quote from: Shutup-Fool
The game itself is wonderful. The publisher however is a joke. I wouldn't recommend T3Fun version to anybody, they are by far the worst game publisher I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Oh and as many people have mentioned, it's heavily pay2win and the game's in-game economy and end-game content is monopolized by a bunch of cowardly clans scared of fighting each other, making it no fun at all to play.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 09:52:16 pm by JayJay »

Offline Vegetta

• Expert
  • Well, hi there.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 07:45:45 pm »
Played both, both are fun...ish... for a few days at least Not something you can get hooked up on, imo.
Yes, my family name is Vegetta.
No, it's has nothing to do with Dragon Ball Z.

Offline AlavarRandomity

• Beginner
  • Members that tell no lie fascinate people...
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 01:06:20 am »
A bit indifferent about Blade and Soul. Not because of art style in-game or how it's just another MMO with similar mechanics to those of other games.

Black Desert? Never heard of it until now, but simply basing it on pictures on google, I'm going to have to wait this one out until I get a gaming desktop or something. Don't think my current laptop can handle those graphics. Why play on a laptop? Why give a darn?
The truth is unspoken, a promise is broken
I'm under surveillance, they know what my name is
I need some protection, some love and affection
There's 1000 reasons but one is the number

Offline Apocalypticae

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 02:48:13 am »
Yall ready for Blade and soul! cant wait to see how a real publisher treats its player base

THE DREAM 2016 QQ
B&S had such a fail launch. Long server queues, gold spammers, and limiting character creation on servers to specific times. It's basically Archeage all over again. I feel bad for you guys who preordered a master pack. Didn't expect much though, it's NCSoft.

Offline Eollica

• Master
  • Wizard addict since April 2008
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 07:52:17 pm »
Black Desert looks so good I could lick my freaking screen. I didn't interest much in Blade and Soul. Aion was enough a pain in my [censored].
But I already pledged for Shroud of The Avatar, so I won't play BD before it's actually out.

Edit: That one you linked looks pretty nice too, Tears

Offline Apocalypticae

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 10:31:04 am »
Black Desert looks so good I could lick my freaking screen. I didn't interest much in Blade and Soul. Aion was enough a pain in my [censored].
But I already pledged for Shroud of The Avatar, so I won't play BD before it's actually out.

Edit: That one you linked looks pretty nice too, Tears

Black Desert CBT2 starts Feb 18th, I'd suggest giving it a try. I'm currently playing on KR and learn something new everyday... if you don't try the game at all before launch, you're going to be severely confused with how to do things. BDO doesn't carry people with annoying tooltips, 99% of the game you need to figure out on your own. This includes workers, nodes, enchanting, combos (and hidden combos), horses/breeding...  they don't explain this stuff in-game.

And it's probably a good idea to get a class picked out and appearance file saved, cause at least for me, it takes me 1hr+ to make a new character lol.

But each to their own. Since its B2P I think it'd be a smart choice to test it before buying though.