Author Topic: Remove word censorship in the game  (Read 425 times)

Offline Belligero

• High Master
Remove word censorship in the game
« on: July 06, 2016, 06:48:53 am »
It's archaic and causes more inconvenience than serve its actual purpose.

Most of the words it censors are unheard of. It obstructs use of regular words because how poorly the system is implemented and even censors NPC dialogue within the game. It's like the guy who made the list just looked up a bunch of random racial slurs and added it in without much forethought.

There are also so many ways to get around the censor if you actually want to use profanity that it's ridiculous. It's only there to annoy people.

It's a small gripe but it would make the game slightly better without the unneeded censorship.

Offline Dx-001

• High Master
  • ⚔Dx001⚔
Re: Remove word censorship in the game
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 06:58:49 am »
the word *puta* is censored so whenever ppl say reputation its get censored lol kinda annoying, i think puta is a bad word in Philippine country or somewhere in asian region but idk

i dont see what puta is censor since this is NA server while the word as.s isnt censored

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:29:17 pm by Dx-001 »

Offline Emiel

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 08:19:31 am »
the word *puta* is censored so whenever ppl say reputation its get censored lol kinda annoying, i think puta is a bad word in Philippine country or somewhere in asian region but idk

i dont see what puta is censor since this is NA server while the word *[censored]* isnt censored
The censorship isn't that bad but it's implementation is horrible. I get that "puta" is censored but the censor engine shouldn't search for words inside of other words as it does with reputation.

Offline Calintz-Jerevinan

• High Master
  • 눈사태의 유령
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 02:03:40 pm »
 :-X This game has terrible Engrish translation and a very poorly built in censorship issue.  It's likely IMC doesn't overlook the censor words and they just do it without fixing it.
::Tears0fBlood:: ::Family LVL 76:: ::Esmero:: ::K2~G1~T3FUN 2007~2017:: ::Veritas::
"No Taxation Without Representation" "For imposing taxes on us without consent:"
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

"So you guys like the 20% Colony Tax?  Well enjoy the 155% Sales Tax on Market Manager deal with it

Offline Eleusa

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 01:50:10 am »
Sorry but I think some words Must be censored and "puta" is a very bad word in my country too, Italy. Need only change censor system but not cancelled