Author Topic: Don't update your windows 10 today!  (Read 6646 times)

Offline Dx-001

• High Master
  • ⚔Dx001⚔
Re: Don't update your windows 10 today!
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2016, 06:52:18 am »
nah, i bribed T3 to make them make ur live miserable xd

Offline Firebush

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2016, 09:59:43 am »
Since it appears to be the Windows Ten - Anniversary edition (KB3176929) that is tripping up the X-Crap.  You have the option to do a rollback to the previous version of windows 10.  Note however it is temporary, because when windows releases the next update (to the anniversary update) your platforms will attempt to upgrade once again.   May buy you some game playing time, hopefully enough for x-crap to sort itself out. 

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-uninstall-the-windows-10-anniversary-update/
Mark
Skug Family, Blue Collar Clan

Offline d3eamon

• Master
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2016, 08:57:00 pm »
GE work on windows 10 its xtrap that have issues with it, security software packs are tailored depending on the  client requests, and  some options are quite expensive.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:32:04 pm by Ewelli »
Reflecting on your journey so far, you find that you are a little wiser.

Think globally, act locally

Ce n'est pas parce que l'homme a soif d'amour qu'il doit se jeter sur la première gourde.
Pierre Desproges
http://geforum.t3fun.com/index.php?topic=5805.msg72852#msg72852
t3 hurry up and restore signatures to proper size.

Offline Dx-001

• High Master
  • ⚔Dx001⚔
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2016, 09:40:14 pm »
GE work on windows 10 its xtrap that have issues with it, security software packs are tailored depending on the  client requests, and  some options are quite expensive.

xtrap works fine for me
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:32:13 pm by Ewelli »

Offline made64

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2016, 06:47:49 am »
I just started with a new computer with windows 10.
The game is running and no problems with X-trapp.
My problem is that the game shuts down when:
- Entering from the barracks directly into PoC
- When i want to use my Barrack slot 10 (here i have Dolores / Snowflake Cherlyn
- Sometimes suddenly the game shuts down

Who can help me?

Offline d3eamon

• Master
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2016, 12:14:20 pm »
I just started with a new computer with windows 10.
The game is running and no problems with X-trapp.
My problem is that the game shuts down when:
- Entering from the barracks directly into PoC
- When i want to use my Barrack slot 10 (here i have Dolores / Snowflake Cherlyn
- Sometimes suddenly the game shuts down

Who can help me?

no idea like i said earlier  xtrap is a strange beast, windows 10 too  there a conflight somewhere in your pc.

Ce n'est pas parce que l'homme a soif d'amour qu'il doit se jeter sur la première gourde.
Pierre Desproges

Offline Novusod

• Expert
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 06:13:39 am »
Windows updated and broke the game again.

Offline Reseda

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 09:07:23 pm »
Windows updated and broke the game again.
Is it the Windows 10 Anniversary update? Try to roll back to an earlier build while you still can (I think you have about 10 days or so from upgrading to do this.)

To roll back to previous upgrade:
  • Go to Settings
  • Go to Updates & security > Recovery
  • Select Get back to earlier builds and click Get Started

Is there anyone who has the Windows anniversary upgrade and a working X-trap? My game runs fine on Windows 10 til the anniversary upgrade. I've uninstalled that upgrade and it works fine now, but I'd like to upgrade my computer at some point in the future..

Offline Firebush

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 11:58:17 pm »
Dang it.  I have been doing fine on the first two versions of windows 10 from Nov 2015 till now. 

Now I join the ranks of the Windows 10 Anniversary afflicted today, while at work my PC up and decided to update itself.  If you haven't noticed; with Windows 10 you can DELAY but not ELIMINATE updates.

At some point they just do, and mine did. Now I have KB3176929 Windows 10 v1607 anniversary, and I'll have to see if I can roll it back (and how long it will stay rolled back). 

AT SOME POINT T3FUN YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING YES?
Mark

Offline Reseda

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2016, 01:03:44 am »
I assume the roll back is permanent, or I'd have read about the roll back period in either of the guides I had referred to. Let's pray that this assumption holds. :o

There is a way to disable automatic updates on Windows 10.
  • Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
  • Scroll down to Windows Update
  • Right-click on the process, click on Properties and select Disabled
Setting your network connection to ‘Metered’ can also stop Windows 10 from automatically downloading the Updates.

AT SOME POINT T3FUN YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING YES?
I sure hope so!

Offline Firebush

• Veteran
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2016, 09:00:06 am »
Thanks for the tip Reseda, I may just try that, although its a mixed bag. May allow me to roll back, and stay rolled back for a bit longer but as I understand the differences between windows versions (Home and Professional) it is only Windows 10 Professional that you can delay updates on - if you have Windows 10 home your only options are they get automatically loaded and you can defer but not put off the reboot

quote:
“Windows 10 Home users will have updates from Windows Update automatically available. Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will have the ability to defer updates.”

so, for now, I'll follow the steps to roll back, and the steps to Disable Windows Update.  I'll be curious to see if Windows Update stays disabled after a reboot ...

As for Xtrap, what little I've found about them, is their product is customized per game provider, and that I presume means the reason for this delay on T3Fun part is Cost-based. Somebody has to cut a $ check don't they?
Mark

Offline Firebush

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2016, 09:22:16 am »
FYI:  I tried several different iterations of "Compatibility Mode" none of them worked. Even when I pressed it to run  Windows compatibility mode: Windows 7User Account Control:  Run as administrator.  Guess I'll be trying the "Get Back to Earlier Build" option.

1. I posted a T3Fun Ticket
2. I send those auto email feedback to XTrap (black hole)
3. I reported (via windows troubleshooter) to Microsoft which classifies this as a noncompliant application
Mark

Offline Firebush

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2016, 12:12:40 am »
Rolled back the windows v1607 from the anniversary edition back to the v1511 edition. Xtrap works fine. Also got a response from my ticket.  Politely written, but leaves me somewhat concerned that there is not a hint of a timeline for resolution.

Reply Summary

Greetings!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. The X-Trap issue has already been forwarded to the appropriate department to look into and work on a proper resolution. This may take some time and regretfully, we are unable to provide any ETA for when this issue will be fixed. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

In the meantime we suggest looking into uninstalling the anniversary update that is in conflict with X-Trap (Go to Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Go back to an earlier build).

Sincerely,
Granado Espada Support Team
UNQUOTE

I wish to point out that it is XTRAP that is in conflict with the most current version of Windows, and (not) the other way around.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:14:34 am by Firebush »
Mark

Offline d3eamon

• Master
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2016, 11:07:02 pm »
Rolled back the windows v1607 from the anniversary edition back to the v1511 edition. Xtrap works fine. Also got a response from my ticket.  Politely written, but leaves me somewhat concerned that there is not a hint of a timeline for resolution.

Reply Summary

Greetings!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. The X-Trap issue has already been forwarded to the appropriate department to look into and work on a proper resolution. This may take some time and regretfully, we are unable to provide any ETA for when this issue will be fixed. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

In the meantime we suggest looking into uninstalling the anniversary update that is in conflict with X-Trap (Go to Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Go back to an earlier build).

Sincerely,
Granado Espada Support Team
UNQUOTE

I wish to point out that it is XTRAP that is in conflict with the most current version of Windows, and (not) the other way around.

i like to point out that our xtrap revision is outdated that why we have issues.

Pierre Desproges

Offline Firebush

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2016, 09:51:56 am »

i like to point out that our xtrap revision is outdated that why we have issues.

Right!  Version I'm seeing is:   "X-Trap CE RC1 Online Game Security 2014)_0127"

which means that version was engineered (read customized) by previous (GE) not current T3Fun who we transitioned to when? 2015?  I'd guess the documentation that went into that custom version was not transitioned to T3Fun.  Thanks for that GE :(   

Where that comes into play from what I can find (little) XTrap is a heavily customized product for each game-platform, and can't be just bought off the shelf and tossed into production, so I'm somewhat hopeful that T3Fun understands this, as well as the implications of not having a game that can run on CURRENT Operating systems, and the workaround is necessarily temporary.
Mark