Author Topic: Anyone who uses AVG able to run GE?  (Read 146 times)

Offline D2ofOrpesia

• Expert
Anyone who uses AVG able to run GE?
« on: April 19, 2017, 07:02:21 am »
Is anyone able to run GE successfully that has AVG, especially since AVG's last update? If so, how did you do it? The old exception list trick stopped working for me over a week ago.
X-trap freeks out that driver files exist on my PC that I need, even if they are not running.

GMs just tell to redownload the client, LOL.

I'm sure there is a real solution that someone has already figured out.

I first became a Vet so I could put some bad animals to sleep. Then I got hooked and became a HighMaster!

Offline Firebush

• Veteran
Re: Anyone who uses AVG able to run GE?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 07:46:05 am »
I don't have AVG on my systems, but my first thought is - would it be possible to install your AVG on other than the partition/drive that is running XTrap/GE?  Like a "D:/" drive.  I honestly don't know how XTRAP works, but if xtrap is only looking at the boot drive that you have GE installed on - perhaps this would work?  Another option if you have a second PC or laptop is run your AVG from another platform - for all your PCs, and that should be enough to move AVG out of the eye of xtrap?  Good luck!
Mark
Skug Family, Blue Collar Clan

Offline Calintz-Jerevinan

• High Master
  • 눈사태의 유령
Re: Anyone who uses AVG able to run GE?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 07:23:10 pm »
AVG does not like X-Trap there's a lot of issues with AVG and X-Trap

http://forums.redbana.com/forum/audition/audition-discussions/technical-support/2955211-x-trap-errors-and-possible-solutions

Not sure if this will help but you never know.  Also D2 try using Avast Anti-Virus it's better than AVG it doesn't block X-Trap unless you didn't put it in sandbox. 

Or try this D2

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/set-program-trusted-avg-76320.html
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:51:51 pm by Calintz-Jerevinan »
::Tears0fBlood:: ::Family LVL 75:: ::Esmero:: ::K2~G1~T3FUN 2007~2017:: ::Veritas::
"No Taxation Without Representation" "For imposing taxes on us without consent:"
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

"So you guys like the 20% Colony Tax?  Well enjoy the 95% Sales Tax on Market Manager deal with it