Author Topic: Practical character utility guide for beginners.  (Read 29810 times)

Offline Calintz-Jerevinan

• High Master
  • 눈사태의 유령
Re: Practical character utility guide for beginners.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 01:36:56 pm »
Actually I'm a "quiet reader" of these topic. I mean is a great guide, and I don't have any more input to complement it. I take into account that there are some chars that I am not taking full advantage of. Is a guide meant for everyone.

Thanks!

Please stop derailing Vaduz's thread this is some useful information for newcomers.    :(

I don't see people derailing except you....

nvm someone derailed it a few days ago and Forums Admins must of remove it.  :( my bad
::Tears0fBlood:: ::Family LVL 76:: ::Esmero:: ::K2~G1~T3FUN 2007~2017:: ::Veritas::
"No Taxation Without Representation" "For imposing taxes on us without consent:"
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

"This server is toxic"
"So you guys like the 20% Colony Tax?  Well enjoy the 185% Sales Tax on Market Manager deal with it.

Offline THaen

• Beginner
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 04:47:30 pm »
RASCEL

Melee

Personal Skill:  Sand Storm (AOE attack)

Character Buff:  [Reduces damage to monster] Level 1 (PvE damage received -5%)

Use Middle Guard until you get Sabretooth.  Sabre Tooth uses a sabre in one hand, and either a dagger or a main-gauche in the other.  Keep Venom Blade up at all times and skill spam.  Use Sand Storm and Dust Storm if you're surrounded by enemies, otherwise use Penta Simeter for multi-target and Blade Stomp and Tearer for single-target.  Most of his skills have debuffs associated with them.

All stat points into STR.

Not a bad character.  Not stellar, but not bad.

Can I just add (I don't think a lot of people realize this)  Rascel's Decay debuff from Venom Blade is pretty helpful in squad situations.   300 Damage per level (maximum 10 levels, 3000 damage) per attack from any player controlled character (Anything not a summon or a construction).  Bypasses all defense or resistances.   In a 6+ man squad, this is a good way to add a lot of essentially free damage.  (of course the drawback is that Rascel's got to be alive and hitting something for this to work, but he's essentially a lot like Lisa that way).  I'm unsure of the resist rates for Decay lately (I haven't used Rascel in forever) but I don't remember them being too terribly bad.

Offline Vaduz

• Expert
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2016, 08:31:48 pm »
Ooh!  More information!  I'll check that out and update that bit.

Offline anaxaite

• Veteran
  • Pertiwi Family
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2016, 08:42:43 pm »
RASCEL

Melee

Personal Skill:  Sand Storm (AOE attack)

Character Buff:  [Reduces damage to monster] Level 1 (PvE damage received -5%)

Use Middle Guard until you get Sabretooth.  Sabre Tooth uses a sabre in one hand, and either a dagger or a main-gauche in the other.  Keep Venom Blade up at all times and skill spam.  Use Sand Storm and Dust Storm if you're surrounded by enemies, otherwise use Penta Simeter for multi-target and Blade Stomp and Tearer for single-target.  Most of his skills have debuffs associated with them.

All stat points into STR.

Not a bad character.  Not stellar, but not bad.

Can I just add (I don't think a lot of people realize this)  Rascel's Decay debuff from Venom Blade is pretty helpful in squad situations.   300 Damage per level (maximum 10 levels, 3000 damage) per attack from any player controlled character (Anything not a summon or a construction).  Bypasses all defense or resistances.   In a 6+ man squad, this is a good way to add a lot of essentially free damage.  (of course the drawback is that Rascel's got to be alive and hitting something for this to work, but he's essentially a lot like Lisa that way).  I'm unsure of the resist rates for Decay lately (I haven't used Rascel in forever) but I don't remember them being too terribly bad.

im agree with this, bonus dmg from all char that attack that target, simply easy, he has evasion too

Offline Vaduz

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2016, 06:12:11 pm »
Sorry for taking so long.  I've updated Rascel's section.

I also updated some of some information on the Fighter and the Musketeer.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 12:41:53 am by Vaduz »

Offline Vaduz

• Expert
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2016, 04:48:36 am »
After doing more testing, I've discovered things I really need to update my guide with.

And I've confirmed that they desperately need to update certain stances, particularly Flintlock.

Updates will come over the next couple of days.

Offline anaxaite

• Veteran
  • Pertiwi Family
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2016, 08:52:53 am »
After doing more testing, I've discovered things I really need to update my guide with.

And I've confirmed that they desperately need to update certain stances, particularly Flintlock.

Updates will come over the next couple of days.

talk about cannon stance, i've see the difference, tested burst from claire has faster CD on her 4th and 5th skill than Jose

Offline anaxaite

• Veteran
  • Pertiwi Family
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2016, 09:24:56 am »
RALPH

Range/DPS

Personal Skill:  Silent Move (self-buff)

Character Buff:  [Accuracy] Level 1

Ralph is an Intelligence Officer from Vespanola who was dispatched to investigate a situation in the new continent. His weapon is Crossbow (he basically enhanced version of Calyce)

At start you can only use sharpshooter and need to wait for him to reach expert lv to make him able to use Shining Sting. Good thing is his buff "Sharp Eye" isnt removed after changing stance, and all his skill in his expert stance does double dmg in silent move status

All stat points into DEX.

a little bit history for him, He's the 2nd unique premium char released after Asoka (by put aside ATP, STF, BSI, ICP, ETS) when this game run under Gamerfirst development. when his first premiere, G1 make an event that Ralph was captured by Simon because he's vespanola and jailed in City of Auch. You need to buy a key in cash shop and you need to go to Auch D8 trying to release him (it works similar like Lucky Shop nowadays, but without 100th bonus purchase or such). In old patch, Calyce used to be named Calypso, and she cant use buff "eagle's eye" right after use "silent move", so she can only use "cat's eye" buff while invisible. That's where Ralph has an advantage, since his silent move is his personal skill, it wouldnt canceled wheter you changing stances. But after Veil comes, Calyce now can use buff while invisible like Ralph. Even tho, Ralph still has more in-build penetration (i've checked it) than Calyce with eagle eye and cat's eye buff active. Ralph now overshadowed by other chars, but he still can rock on in various raids and pvp with his stealth dps style. He also appear in some instance quest as an Archeologist with "monocle" face costume equiped.

Offline Vaduz

• Expert
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2016, 10:23:14 am »
I'll try and get to updating those entries.

EDIT
Updated Claire's assessment.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 01:17:37 pm by Vaduz »

Offline Vaduz

• Expert
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2016, 01:14:25 pm »
This is proving more difficult than I thought it would be because I keep running out of room.  I'll work something out, but it's getting to be quite the pain.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to "contribute" by "donating" rare characters to me for "testing" *cough* I would not say no.

Offline holypisces

• Beginner
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2016, 01:34:20 am »
Great guide, TY.