Author Topic: Don't update your windows 10 today!  (Read 5957 times)

Offline Lucarius

• Beginner
Don't update your windows 10 today!
« on: August 04, 2016, 08:25:27 pm »
There is a windows 10 anniversary update that is out today. (KB3176929)Make sure you don't update it or else the xtrap would close the game for you.
Or someone please update and make sure that it is not just me having this problem.
(As support told me it is my problem and not willing to notify xtrap for a thing they have to fix.)
If you got this update and can't get in game, just uninstall this update.

Offline Frankenstein

• High Master
  • Preventing Master from another 820 year slumber
Re: Don't update your windows 10 today!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 08:36:21 pm »
Yup, I have this problem... :\

Banner by Mr. Tears™

Offline Frankenstein

• High Master
  • Preventing Master from another 820 year slumber
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 08:52:08 pm »
I uninstalled the update, but still have the Xtrap problem. Game keeps closing...

Banner by Mr. Tears™

Offline d3eamon

• Master
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 03:07:56 pm »
lets complain to wiselogic ( xtrap maker)
Reflecting on your journey so far, you find that you are a little wiser.

Think globally, act locally

Ce n'est pas parce que l'homme a soif d'amour qu'il doit se jeter sur la première gourde.
Pierre Desproges
http://geforum.t3fun.com/index.php?topic=5805.msg72852#msg72852
t3 hurry up and restore signatures to proper size.

Offline Camberland

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 04:19:54 pm »
have the problem too

Offline Vaduz

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 07:36:40 pm »
Same here.  If I can't get my Greek Cromas from the PTE...

Offline Firebush

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 10:30:09 am »
X-Trap has a long history of lagging behind OS updates. You would think their testing/eval/deployment teams would have that figured out by now.  You don't have to search far to see this exact problem has popped up every MS/OS since at least Windows 7 / 2006 or so ...
Mark
Skug Family, Blue Collar Clan

Offline Calintz-Jerevinan

• High Master
  • 눈사태의 유령
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 04:14:39 pm »
X-Trap has a long history of lagging behind OS updates. You would think their testing/eval/deployment teams would have that figured out by now.  You don't have to search far to see this exact problem has popped up every MS/OS since at least Windows 7 / 2006 or so ...

This is why I'm sticking with Windows 7 64 bit OS.  After seeing all the headaches from Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10.  I heard Windows 10 has bad support for 3rd party drivers and patches.  So yeah it's best to avoid the headache and stick with Windows 7.   :(

btw I'm an Microsoft Beta tester I tested so many versions of Microsoft Windows from Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 also Windows Phone 8/8.1.  So far I prefer Windows 7 over any other OS from Microsoft  :D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 12:08:42 am by Calintz-Jerevinan »
::Tears0fBlood:: ::Family LVL 76:: ::Esmero:: ::K2~G1~T3FUN 2007~2017:: ::Veritas::
"No Taxation Without Representation" "For imposing taxes on us without consent:"
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

"So you guys like the 20% Colony Tax?  Well enjoy the 155% Sales Tax on Market Manager deal with it

Offline d3eamon

• Master
win32u.dll
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 05:33:51 pm »
Somehow xtrap back to this issue in win10 for ge standard edition.

Ce n'est pas parce que l'homme a soif d'amour qu'il doit se jeter sur la première gourde.
Pierre Desproges

Offline userhay93

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 06:19:22 am »
Sooo....any solution for this problem? :(

Offline d3eamon

• Master
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 01:46:42 pm »

This is why I'm sticking with Windows 7 64 bit OS.  After seeing all the headaches from Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10.  I heard Windows 10 has bad support for 3rd party drivers and patches.  So yeah it's best to avoid the headache and stick with Windows 7.   :(

btw I'm an Microsoft Beta tester I tested so many versions of Microsoft Windows from Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 also Windows Phone 8/8.1.  So far I prefer Windows 7 over any other OS from Microsoft  :D

actually its  our  xtrap version lagging behind we still use a 2014 version alt and look in the task bar , the lastest xtrap version will not show up in task bar.

Pierre Desproges

Offline Neko

• Beginner
Will the Windows 10 Anniversary Update which crashes X-Trap ever be fixed?
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 05:54:01 pm »
I wanted to play this game but the x-trap leads me to an error.

And guess what? It's been almost 2 weeks already since the release of W10 Update and they did nothing about this issue. Does this game want the players to leave?

Thank you.

Offline Calintz-Jerevinan

• High Master
  • 눈사태의 유령
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 08:14:26 pm »

actually its  our  xtrap version lagging behind we still use a 2014 version alt and look in the task bar , the lastest xtrap version will not show up in task bar.

Yeah X-Trap is always behind.  I can see what you're saying.  If the X-Trap version is from 2014 then it's IMC's fault for not asking X-Trap Devs to make a newer X-Trap version for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.  It sucks that X-Trap fails to work with Windows 10.  A player told me that he downgraded to Windows 8 because of that very same reason. 
::Tears0fBlood:: ::Family LVL 76:: ::Esmero:: ::K2~G1~T3FUN 2007~2017:: ::Veritas::
"No Taxation Without Representation" "For imposing taxes on us without consent:"
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

"So you guys like the 20% Colony Tax?  Well enjoy the 155% Sales Tax on Market Manager deal with it

Offline Recoilsuave

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 10:11:09 pm »
I updated Windows 10 today, and Granado Espada still works. That leads me to believe there is either something wrong with your installations of GE, Windows, or both.

Though, I do run GE from Steam. You could try installing it from Steam, or reinstalling if you already use the Steam version.

If that doesn't work try your command prompt program. Instead of double clicking on it, right click on it and choose Run as administrator, or More, then run as administrator. When it opens, type in the following without the quotes: "netsh winsock reset". You should receive a message saying something about needing to restart to complete the reset. Restart your computer. Once you're back to windows try running GE again.

If it still doesn't work, you most likely have a messed up Windows 10 installation, which is very likely since Microsoft's updates have messed mine up on two occasions, causing me to have to reinstall Windows from scratch. Have fun with that if it's the case. That's why I don't beta test Microsoft's stuff for them, or allow updates to download using their peer to peer system.

Offline d3eamon

• Master
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016, 03:16:34 pm »
I updated Windows 10 today, and Granado Espada still works. That leads me to believe there is either something wrong with your installations of GE, Windows, or both.

Though, I do run GE from Steam. You could try installing it from Steam, or reinstalling if you already use the Steam version.

If that doesn't work try your command prompt program. Instead of double clicking on it, right click on it and choose Run as administrator, or More, then run as administrator. When it opens, type in the following without the quotes: "netsh winsock reset". You should receive a message saying something about needing to restart to complete the reset. Restart your computer. Once you're back to windows try running GE again.

If it still doesn't work, you most likely have a messed up Windows 10 installation, which is very likely since Microsoft's updates have messed mine up on two occasions, causing me to have to reinstall Windows from scratch. Have fun with that if it's the case. That's why I don't beta test Microsoft's stuff for them, or allow updates to download using their peer to peer system.

well i still use win xp for ge because im way too lazy to switch  i miss a lot of ge   and im not very fond of steam

Pierre Desproges