Author Topic: Don't update your windows 10 today!  (Read 5199 times)

Offline userhay93

• Beginner
Re: Don't update your windows 10 today!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 07:15:17 am »
I updated Windows 10 today, and Granado Espada still works. That leads me to believe there is either something wrong with your installations of GE, Windows, or both.

Though, I do run GE from Steam. You could try installing it from Steam, or reinstalling if you already use the Steam version.

If that doesn't work try your command prompt program. Instead of double clicking on it, right click on it and choose Run as administrator, or More, then run as administrator. When it opens, type in the following without the quotes: "netsh winsock reset". You should receive a message saying something about needing to restart to complete the reset. Restart your computer. Once you're back to windows try running GE again.

If it still doesn't work, you most likely have a messed up Windows 10 installation, which is very likely since Microsoft's updates have messed mine up on two occasions, causing me to have to reinstall Windows from scratch. Have fun with that if it's the case. That's why I don't beta test Microsoft's stuff for them, or allow updates to download using their peer to peer system.

I updated Win10 like 3 days ago, and then got the problem with Xtrap..
And yesterday I installed brand new GE client from Steam (because I never update/install the game from Steam before, only play with client from t3fun website)
and guess what? Xtrap still killing my GE Client lol, I tried that command promt thing too after that and nothing works..

Well that's it...better take a break from the game than reinstall the OS :\

Offline Neko

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 05:54:23 pm »
Yeah, better to move on and forget this game if they don't want to make it compatible. Probably they just want to kill the game.

Offline d3eamon

• Master
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 10:55:46 pm »
Yeah, better to move on and forget this game if they don't want to make it compatible. Probably they just want to kill the game.

Ge using an outdated version of xtrap and for some reasons wise logic like their jpg site.
Reflecting on your journey so far, you find that you are a little wiser.

Think globally, act locally

Ce n'est pas parce que l'homme a soif d'amour qu'il doit se jeter sur la première gourde.
Pierre Desproges
http://geforum.t3fun.com/index.php?topic=5805.msg72852#msg72852
t3 hurry up and restore signatures to proper size.

Offline Calintz-Jerevinan

• High Master
  • 눈사태의 유령
    • Tears of Blood
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 11:26:48 pm »

Ge using an outdated version of xtrap and for some reasons wise logic like their jpg site.

A lot of MMORPGs that are using WiseLogic's X-Trap is currently having issues with Windows 10.  They really should patch this at once.
::Tears0fBlood:: ::Family LVL 75:: ::Esmero:: ::K2~G1~T3FUN 2007~2017:: ::Veritas::
"No Taxation Without Representation" "For imposing taxes on us without consent:"
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

"So you guys like the 20% Colony Tax?  Well enjoy the 95% Sales Tax on Market Manager deal with it

Offline Lucarius

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 10:42:31 pm »
Hello Everyone who has been following this issue. I would just like everyone to confirm together about what file is causing xtrap to shutdown. Let's all post what you see is causing xtrap to shutdown and post here. Mine is Win32u.dll.

Offline Frankenstein

• High Master
  • Preventing Master from another 820 year slumber
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 06:59:21 pm »
Going on week three for me.

Win32u.dll is the the issue

Banner by Mr. Tears™

Offline Reseda

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016, 11:40:41 pm »
My faction-mate had the same issue. He reverted back to an earlier build and his X-trap/GE is running fine now. I don't know if this info will be helpful or work for everyone, but just thought I'd put it up here.

Offline d3eamon

• Master
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 07:11:36 am »
At microsoft they are mostly bunch of grumpy people, they dont care about  they basically said stop using software using xtrap as is know for being open for malicious software  door, maybe theyre not aware that anti-cheat software work like hack tools ?

Ce n'est pas parce que l'homme a soif d'amour qu'il doit se jeter sur la première gourde.
Pierre Desproges

Offline Firebush

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 08:51:24 am »
Hello Everyone who has been following this issue. I would just like everyone to confirm together about what file is causing xtrap to shutdown. Let's all post what you see is causing xtrap to shutdown and post here. Mine is Win32u.dll.

I've managed to (not) take the Windows10 Anniversary update (KB3176929) for now, but at some point I certainly would like to upgrade my OS to keep current. 

The version of XTRAP currently on my game is:  X-Trap CE RC1 (Online Game Security 2014)_0127 ... that would seem to be a couple years out of date.

I submitted a T3Ticket just to be on record. I presume they are already working on it?  I don't feel we should have to go to wiselogic directly (the makers of X-crap) since we don't want the software at all ... 

Mark
Skug Family, Blue Collar Clan

Offline Calintz-Jerevinan

• High Master
  • 눈사태의 유령
    • Tears of Blood
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 09:06:40 am »

I've managed to (not) take the Windows10 Anniversary update (KB3176929) for now, but at some point I certainly would like to upgrade my OS to keep current. 

The version of XTRAP currently on my game is:  X-Trap CE RC1 (Online Game Security 2014)_0127 ... that would seem to be a couple years out of date.

I submitted a T3Ticket just to be on record. I presume they are already working on it?  I don't feel we should have to go to wiselogic directly (the makers of X-crap) since we don't want the software at all ...

T3FUN has no control with the patches. They just get them from IMC and WiseLogic.   T3FUN sends out an email to IMC's main office demanding IMC to send them the patches for each maint.  It could take them weeks or months to get a respond back from IMC or WiseLogic.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:19:54 pm by Calintz-Jerevinan »
::Tears0fBlood:: ::Family LVL 75:: ::Esmero:: ::K2~G1~T3FUN 2007~2017:: ::Veritas::
"No Taxation Without Representation" "For imposing taxes on us without consent:"
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

"So you guys like the 20% Colony Tax?  Well enjoy the 95% Sales Tax on Market Manager deal with it

Offline Preim

• Expert
  • get gud pls
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 03:20:41 am »
ggrekt  wts everything

Offline Longinus

• Beginner
X Trap error!
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 10:07:11 pm »
Hi there, i haven't been able to log in for days cause i get some X trap error saying there is a problem in win32u.dll. I even formated my computer and i just can't play... What should i do?

Offline Neko

• Beginner
Re: X Trap error!
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2016, 03:31:57 pm »
i just can't play... What should i do?

What you should do is quit, they don't want the players to play this game.

Offline Dx-001

• High Master
  • ⚔Dx001⚔
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2016, 05:42:06 pm »
im playing GE fine with Window10, i dont see anything wrong with it, besides 80% of my clannies play GE with window 10 without a single problem

Offline d3eamon

• Master
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2016, 03:04:18 pm »
im playing GE fine with Window10, i dont see anything wrong with it, besides 80% of my clannies play GE with window 10 without a single problem

you guys bribed microsoft.

Pierre Desproges