Author Topic: Ranged and Magic Chars - Bunch of doubts  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Eollica

• Master
  • Wizard addict since April 2008
Ranged and Magic Chars - Bunch of doubts
« on: September 24, 2016, 06:45:05 pm »
Hi all.
I've returned, yes yes. I'll be playing casually and (try to) avoid the current dramas.

I feel very lost at the moment, I used to be a darn living GE wikipedia and now I'm clueless due to being away.

I have some questions regarding the new chars/char/stance changes, if someone can help me I'd really appreciate it.

My main issue is regarding LOEs, pistols, rifles and rod/staff.

I currently have:
- Full 34-35ar set of rod+staff
- full 34-35ar set of greatswords
- An undead and a 3ar +7 33ar rifle
- Full 33ar +7 LOE set + 1 34ar LL loe
- Full 33ar set of racial pistols +7
- Full 34ar Tome set +7
- Cadet Lio
- Elizabeth

1) Whos the current best mental magic dps for raids/PVE?
I was using Montoro, but seems he got nerfed badly. I don't have a decent cube for Sariel and I got no idea if he's good at raids/pves
Who could I use my rods/staves with? Is it worth stickign with monty? Should I work on a cube and go full Sariel mode?

2) Who's the current best LOE user?
I have no idea if Risky is good. I only heard about 4 people, and half thinks she sux.
I see we got the (yay!) new Master stance for Elementalists. Is that any good?
Is Cath INT usable for anything?
Is Elizabeth still on top as dps+buffer or did anything happen to her?

3) If I can't use mental DPS on a raid due to high RES, who should I use? Do I really need to make a darn lightning set?

4) Who's the best DPSer with pistols on PVE/Raids?
Musk with double pistols is still usable? Laura? Juliana?
Some people claim Laura is better than Juliana for PVE, but I was mostly told Juliana is better...

5) Also, is Jane usable for anything? Is she better with racial on both hands, or race tome + AR pistol, or Ar tome + race pistol?

6) Lorraine and Dolores are usable separately or are they still only good toghether? Are they good for anything at all nowadays?

7) Cadet x Normal Lionele. Who is better for PVE in Raids?
If I need Lio just for PVE should I get rid of Cadet and get a puni book (again)?

8) What's up about this new CS Natalie we are getting? What's she useful for?

9) Will the wizard Master Rod stance make wiz usable for damage?

Thanks all for bearing with me... I hope someone has patience to answer

Offline Recoilsuave

• Expert
Re: Ranged and Magic Chars - Bunch of doubts
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 11:13:06 pm »
Welcome back!

From my own experiences, Laura is very good. Risky's auto attack sucks but her skills are great. I wouldn't really categorize her as being great for dps though. I can't really comment on the others since I don't have those characters.

Offline Belligero

• High Master
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 12:31:52 am »
By and large, the database is still relevant and you can figure out what's good and what's not just going by the numbers.
Consider weapon type, stats, stance characteristics and multipliers.

Either way, I'll tackle these questions but note that this is only my perception of the current state of the game.

Whos the current best mental magic dps for raids/PVE?
I was using Montoro, but seems he got nerfed badly. I don't have a decent cube for Sariel and I got no idea if he's good at raids/pves
Who could I use my rods/staves with? Is it worth stickign with monty? Should I work on a cube and go full Sariel mode?

It's a loaded question but I feel you already know the answer. Aside from Code L in the melee category, magic characters and ranged are pretty balanced out right now. The Montoro nerf is overstated; he still will function the same just as before in raids if you were frequently using him.

Tome characters are easily at the top right now and the safest choices to go. You can easily accumulate a full set of racial tomes from the Veronif daily.

Berthe&Charles, Elemental Master, Cath (INT), Cherlyn, S.P. Ludin, Illier twins, Van and Rachel are all good choices.

There is actually a dearth of information regarding Sariel, due to a number of factors. Cubes are in limited supply and people are more likely to invest into rods than staves. It doesn't help that he had half the range of other characters when he was first released and abysmal speed.
They have shifted his ranged attacks to match those of other characters now but I don't see anyone giving him much of a chance since then.

His stance seems to be built to cater to PvP, but he may have respectable damage. His buff gives all your characters extra Penetration and AR, which may merit his spot on your team.

Who's the current best LOE user?
I have no idea if Risky is good. I only heard about 4 people, and half thinks she sux.
I see we got the (yay!) new Master stance for Elementalists. Is that any good?
Is Cath INT usable for anything?
Is Elizabeth still on top as dps+buffer or did anything happen to her?

Risky is a PvP caster. She's a good killer, but prone to dying herself.
New Warlock stance brought them back from obscurity. Very versatile. Excellent damage output.
Cath (INT) still functions as a good spacebar magic DPS.
I never thought of Elizabeth as a top DPS. Her buff is still a useful commodity: nice to have, not needed.

If I can't use mental DPS on a raid due to high RES, who should I use? Do I really need to make a darn lightning set?

That's never really an issue. Just focus on getting your penetration as high as possible.
The new Warlock stance allows you to change element at will, limited to your selection of bracelets.

Who's the best DPSer with pistols on PVE/Raids?
Musk with double pistols is still usable? Laura? Juliana?
Some people claim Laura is better than Juliana for PVE, but I was mostly told Juliana is better...

Pistol stances got a number of buffs with a few more coming to select characters in upcoming patches. Musketeer still has high DPS, though you may want to consider Flintlock over Unlimited.
I'm fond of Barrol myself.
It is to my understanding that Juliana's damage is craptastic, but her buff is nice.

5) Also, is Jane usable for anything? Is she better with racial on both hands, or race tome + AR pistol, or Ar tome + race pistol?
I assume you mean Rachel, but I'll address both.
Jane is an excellent debuffer for raids.
Rachel has stupid high damage on her autos, which in turn makes her a good DPS. You'll probably not see such high numbers on a single auto on any other character.

6) Lorraine and Dolores are usable separately or are they still only good toghether? Are they good for anything at all nowadays?

I'm still fond of bringing my Lorraine to the Clock Tower. They are still very serviceable and they have received a number of buffs, increasing the range and decreasing their cooldowns.

7) Cadet x Normal Lionele. Who is better for PVE in Raids?
If I need Lio just for PVE should I get rid of Cadet and get a puni book (again)?

Undoubtedly Leonele for his Leadership skill. You'll only run into Cadets in X-world, I should think. I would still consider Flintlock for raw DPS. Sniper Bernelli can be acquired by anyone through the achievement system.

What's up about this new CS Natalie we are getting? What's she useful for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbpDQZVZtuQA

Looks like a superior Flintlock. Hard hitter, slower speed (remedied through buffs).

Will the wizard Master Rod stance make wiz usable for damage?

I think you may be referring the jGE exclusive stances. They will not be in our version.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:37:13 am by Belligero »

Offline Eollica

• Master
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 02:46:14 am »
I love you Belli <3 Thanks for the fantastic patience.

How exactly can you get sniper bern from achievement system? o.O
I already have her but... Are any other characters in that? :O

Offline Belligero

• High Master
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 11:53:33 am »
As far as I know, only Sniper and Queen of Pioneering are available through the achievement system as rewards.

You can receive Queen by accumulating 10,000 total achievement points and Sniper by reaching high favor points with all five unions.

You can actually view achievement progress in the UI window (Alt + L) and check all the uncompleted achievements.

You get lots of free Rose Wing sets if you haven't already picked up the rewards and you can get free random Strata Devil weapon for reaching Lv40 in the Infinity Challenge.

Offline Eollica

• Master
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 06:50:20 pm »
As far as I know, only Sniper and Queen of Pioneering are available through the achievement system as rewards.

You can receive Queen by accumulating 10,000 total achievement points and Sniper by reaching high favor points with all five unions.

You can actually view achievement progress in the UI window (Alt + L) and check all the uncompleted achievements.

You get lots of free Rose Wing sets if you haven't already picked up the rewards and you can get free random Strata Devil weapon for reaching Lv40 in the Infinity Challenge.

Neat!
I've already got a few rose wings indeed... Its cool to know all the nic estuff that comes from here
<3 thanks Bellz

Offline msm

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 11:36:06 pm »
Bloody/ Supreme Commander Cano seem good mental dps too, x3 normal atk decent base atk, on buffs she get 50% mob atk, some pene and 30% atk more on the x3 continues skill hit.