Author Topic: Windows 10 Help?  (Read 351 times)

Offline jpark5

• Beginner
Windows 10 Help?
« on: February 06, 2017, 10:27:21 pm »
I wanna get back into the game, but I'm running Windows 10.  My client updates and gets to the login screen, then it crashes while attempting to login.
Any solutions out there?

Offline Firebush

• Veteran
Re: Windows 10 Help?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 08:21:27 am »
Three things come to mind.

1. Right-Click and Run the game as administrator - you appear to be doing that or you wouldn't have got as far as the logon screen. So that's not it ...

2. XTRAP Versions.
   a. XTrap CE RC1 Online Game Security 2014)_0127 - if you have this version its out of date, and the one that doesn't work with Win 10 anniversary edition 1607
   b. XTrap Premium CE (J) Game Security (10.2016)_2273 - This is the version that works with current & previous Win 10 editions.

3. If its not XTrap, then its outdated or missing build/patch files, and I'm not much help on where to find the right ones.

Best of luck!

Mark
Skug Family, Blue Collar Clan

Offline Bellza

• High Master
  • Destroying people with Fruit Doomships since 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 12:13:17 am »
I downloaded the installer today.  I can't even get the game updated.  It runs through part of the patcher and ends up with a gobbledygook message where it's like those random characters when NA computers can't figure out other languages' characters.  Then the patcher crashes.

Edit:  You just have to run it like 40 times.  Ok, maybe more like 10.  Some of the patches require it to be closed and reopened anyway.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 12:33:30 am by Bellza »
T3, no.  Bad T3, bad.  NO COOKIES FOR YOU

Offline Reseda

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 04:06:22 am »
Edit:  You just have to run it like 40 times.  Ok, maybe more like 10.  Some of the patches require it to be closed and reopened anyway.
This, basically.

One of my clannies had problems patching the game but it turns out he just needs to keep reopening/restarting the client til it finishes patching.

Offline jpark5

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 10:26:55 am »
I downloaded the installer today.  I can't even get the game updated.  It runs through part of the patcher and ends up with a gobbledygook message where it's like those random characters when NA computers can't figure out other languages' characters.  Then the patcher crashes.

It's not the patching and updating I'm having a problem with though.  I actually can log in, and then the client crashes while trying to load my barracks