Things are a bit messy right now so let's try to keep things organized.
For any issues or problems not solved by this post, you can report using the following support section:
1. Send an inquiry through T3Fun's support system: http://t3fun.com/MemberShip/Login.aspx?returnUrl=/Support/Mail_Inquiry.aspx
2. Send an email through T3fun's Support E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
These are the current solutions for:
1. Creating your T3fun account
- You'll wanna start off going to the main site: http://T3fun.com
- When creating your account you must use a common email, quoted from another thread:
I'll just reclarify in this thread, since it seems to be a problem (I've received some PMs in the past few days concerning email issues anyways):
- Only common universal emails are being accepted by T3fun right now, this includes Yahoo, Hotmail/Live, and Gmail.
- Your email has to be no more than 15 letters in length to be recognized by T3fun if you're using one of these.
- If you have multiple accounts, I'd strongly suggest using gmail as you can reuse your gmail for all accounts by simply adding a . anywhere in the address of your gmail.
(example: email@example.com will be recognized as a new email if you reuse it as firstname.lastname@example.org .)
- As mentioned by Dobsy, if you use hotmail, you can also create an alias for multiple accounts by following these instructions.
- Another one by Dobsy, if you use yahoo, you can create an alias for multiple accounts by following these instructions as well.
- Your ID PW and Email does NOT have to be the same as your old G1 info (I recommend that it be different, even).
- If you created your account and you can't log into it, go to forgot your ID or PASSWORD? and change your password, this will resolve the issue.
2. Logging on and reaching the transfer page
- First off, use Internet Explorer to avoid any issues, perferably upgrade it if it's old and outdated.
- You wanna go here first: http://ge.t3fun.com/Intro/Intro.aspx
- At the bottom of this page is a Red button that says "Sword2 - T3FUN Game Information Transfer". Click that, and log in if you haven't already and enter the information required. Once that's been done if you get a confirmation, check the email your T3fun acct is made under to verify.
3. If you can log on enter information and its incorrect
(and you know it's correct)"
It's important to note that in most cases the problem is that your confirmation email for the transfer is your OLD email, possibly used for SOTNW under the K2 Network or an email associated with your account before you were allowed to opt in transfer.
- First and foremost, if you were banned prior to G1 closing, your account was not transferred and you must start new.
- If you agreed to transfer your account ON or AFTER Jan. 2nd, you will have to wait until the 16th to transfer.
- Try using other emails you know used to be associated with your account. G1 seems to have messed up and provided T3Fun with the first or one of the earliest emails you used with your account on SOTNW/S2.
- If your account is really old from 2008 or so, or prior to that date, then your confirmation email will be the email you had with the K2Network (SOTNW)
- If you're pretty sure your email is correct and you had a trade lock password, use that as the password instead. for some reason this is the primary password in some peoples cases
- If you had two passwords (one for logging in game one for logging on the G1 site), make sure you try both of them. Seems the G1 site password is the priority.
If you have an OLD account and you forgot your K2 SOTNW email address send a PM to Ramiel, Raven, or Marius.
Hopefully your issue can be resolved.
4. Your account transfer was a success. Now what?
- Gotta wait for servers to go live, tomorrow at 20:00(8PM) EST
- Once servers are live, you will use your T3fun ID and PW to enter the game, not your old S2 info.
Thanks to Ophi and the community for the info so far, If there's any other solutions that may work or available let me know and I'll update this post as we try to get everyone a successful transfer.
Also note: Try not to panic, pretty sure this data is gonna be held on for a couple of months, so hopefully everyone gets through without any problems.