Author Topic: can't update the patch, client keep closing  (Read 2015 times)

UndeadKiller

• Arrived in Startonia
can't update the patch, client keep closing
« on: September 08, 2018, 04:58:18 pm »
today just bought a new laptop since my old laptop has been broken. I download all the installer from website(cannot using steam client since it already region block), found out the patch only stuck on 1 then the client automatic close,

and if I open direct from ge folder, it stated that "updater.revision.txt file missing, file might damaged or removed, please reinstall.(14)"
i keep re-download and reinstall still no working, and i open updater.revision.txt only has 221625 write on that. please help!!

UndeadKiller

• Arrived in Startonia
Re: can't update the patch, client keep closing
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 12:26:20 am »
@.@ problem fix, just delete winhttp.dll on steam folder, the patch now work fine

firebush

• Friends with Sierra
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 01:10:44 pm »
today just bought a new laptop since my old laptop has been broken. I download all the installer from website(cannot using steam client since it already region block), found out the patch only stuck on 1 then the client automatic close,

and if I open direct from ge folder, it stated that "updater.revision.txt file missing, file might damaged or removed, please reinstall.(14)"
i keep re-download and reinstall still no working, and i open updater.revision.txt only has 221625 write on that. please help!!

Not sure about the first Error ... but I get that second error ("Updater.revision.txt") file anytime I forget and try to just double click open the GE client ... without FIRST right clicking and click on "OPEN AS ADMINISTRATOR"

It still amazes me that (Now T3Fun) as well as prior companies - never really got a good grip on keeping a clean, baseline, up to date copy of their game - readily available, easily downloadable, and painless to install.  That one thing - if they got it right would probably bring in more peeps, and keep the ones we have.
Mark
Skug family,
Blue Collar Faction

UndeadKiller

• Arrived in Startonia
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 02:21:04 am »

Not sure about the first Error ... but I get that second error ("Updater.revision.txt") file anytime I forget and try to just double click open the GE client ... without FIRST right clicking and click on "OPEN AS ADMINISTRATOR"

It still amazes me that (Now T3Fun) as well as prior companies - never really got a good grip on keeping a clean, baseline, up to date copy of their game - readily available, easily downloadable, and painless to install.  That one thing - if they got it right would probably bring in more peeps, and keep the ones we have.

actually to fix this problem, install the game on other than ur os drive, example if ur os was install on C driver, move/install GE to D drive.
Or without moving the folder, just right click on GE client on desktop, select properties, in compatibility tab select run as adminstator.

firebush

• Friends with Sierra
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 02:49:46 pm »
thanks for the tip - on installing to any other drive other than the one my OS is on?  And that eliminates needing to right-click-run-as-Admin?  Brilliant!  Thank you UndeadKiller! 
Mark
Skug family,
Blue Collar Faction

zstk

• Arrived in Startonia
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 02:34:56 am »
or just right click your GE shortcut, go to properties and tick "run as administrator".

ShinSho

• Arrived in Startonia
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 11:00:42 pm »
I'm having the same problem.  Using Administrator does not work for me at all, I've reinstalled and installed the client 20+ times over and even redownloaded the client 1-6 multiple times on top of that.  It is absolutely Ridiculous that we don't have a Properly Updated Client of the game.  Is T3Fun in the rest really this lazy?

Does anyone have another solution please, as I would like to join up on the game again, however at this point it is impossible.

mintnhoney

• Under Probation
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 10:19:25 pm »
Yeah, so, I'm having the same problem; I got a new computer, downloaded the game just fine, ran around a little... and then, like, 2 days later, had to reinstall the OS due to some bug that made the start up sequence loop eternally.
Once that was out of the way, suddenly GE doesn't want to connect to the update server, so I can't actually update the client from it's million-year-old client from either Steam or the website.

The funny thing is, the Support team didn't help much: their solution was, quite literally, "you need to connect to the update server." Which, yeah, DUH.

Has anyone experienced this and actually managed to find a fix for this (aside from the OP, since his fix, frankly, doesn't sound like something that should be done)?