Author Topic: Xtrap Error  (Read 544 times)

LitheKestrel

• Under Probation
Xtrap Error
« on: January 10, 2019, 08:21:00 am »
what's happened after the last emergency maintenance, xtrap doesn't allow me to run the game, keep closing
a file has been corrputed : x86AshWook.dll what's this??? help me

BlackRockShooter

• Bristia Liberation Army member
  • BRS ブラック★ロックシューター Burakku Rokku Shūtā
X-Trap is blocking Avast Anti-Virus Free (version 19.1.4142)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 01:49:11 pm »

Avast and AVG Anti-Virus programs will block X-Trap with the newest (version 19.1.4142).  If you try to add the entire folder to the exclusion option.  It still gets blocked by X-Trap and Avast/AVG.  The only option is to downgrade to Avast version 18.8.2356 (build 18.8.4084.409) or earlier.  This also affects Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 users.  There's no other option but to downgrade your Anti-Virus version.  Or prevent it from updating.  I had issues with my Windows 7 Pro laptop which prevented me from logging in.

★BRS ブラック★ロックシューター (Burakku Rokku Shūtā) ★Family ★ Level★ ★76+3★ ★Anime ★ Manga ★ Music ★ Gaming ★ Vocaloid★

★BRS Project Mugen★

Hydromedusa

• Acquainted with Sir Lyndon
Re: X-Trap is blocking Avast Anti-Virus Free (version 19.1.4142)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 02:41:51 pm »
I use Avast and this happened to me. What I've done is disable Avast shields for 10 minutes (this is the lowest segment of time it lets you select) then launch GE. Once X-Trap launches and is running, you can re-enable the Avast shields.

BlackRockShooter

Re: X-Trap is blocking Avast Anti-Virus Free (version 19.1.4142)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 04:49:35 pm »
I use Avast and this happened to me. What I've done is disable Avast shields for 10 minutes (this is the lowest segment of time it lets you select) then launch GE. Once X-Trap launches and is running, you can re-enable the Avast shields.

I never thought about that.  I'll go ahead and install the latest version and try that.  Also I sent a report to Avast and told them about X-Trap blockage.  Maybe they can fix it on their end.  Then again it's X-Trap fault to begin with.

★BRS ブラック★ロックシューター (Burakku Rokku Shūtā) ★Family ★ Level★ ★76+3★ ★Anime ★ Manga ★ Music ★ Gaming ★ Vocaloid★

★BRS Project Mugen★

BlackRockShooter

Re: Xtrap Error
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 07:33:37 pm »
I just contacted the DEV team for Avast Security Team and I sent them my exclusion.ini to them and they already patch it so X-Trap does not get blocked from Avast anymore.  However GE.exe does seem to close out without an error now at random times.  Not sure if it's an GE.exe issue or X-Trap is causing it.

★BRS Project Mugen★

fatmouth4

• Arrived in Startonia
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 09:14:44 pm »
I am having the same problem and am having trouble doing an end run around AVG.  I don't see an option for turning back from the most recent update to an earlier point in time.  I am not sure where to disable AVG.  I looked for AVG support, but the menu said support was a premium feature bit I have AVG Free, not Premium.

BlackRockShooter

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 05:33:02 pm »
I am having the same problem and am having trouble doing an end run around AVG.  I don't see an option for turning back from the most recent update to an earlier point in time.  I am not sure where to disable AVG.  I looked for AVG support, but the menu said support was a premium feature bit I have AVG Free, not Premium.

Well AVG got bought out by Avast so if I was you.  Switch to AVAST and download the free version.  AVG's free version isn't great since AVAST took over the company. And the Free Version of AVAST doesn't lock you out by disabling shields unlike AVG.

★BRS Project Mugen★